NHS Follow-up Programme would also be the FIRST OFFICIAL collaboration that SMSANZ would be having with a Singapore local medical school.
After the NHS screening event in September each year, the NHS Follow-Up Committee shortlists residents with abnormal results for 3-monthly medical and social follow-up visits. By signing up to be part of the NHS Follow-up Programme, you may have the opportunity to be involved in one such Follow-up session where you will be able to attend:
• Patient Care Conference (one-time off): This is when the NHS committee meets up with NUHS (National University Health System) Family Medicine Residents to categorise each resident into either the phone-call follow-up category or the home-visit follow-up category, based on the urgency and severity of the resident's medical condition(s).
• Door-to-Door Follow-up Home Visits:
− Check on the medical condition of the resident through simple triage (eg. blood pressure, capillary blood glucose)
− Assessing the resident on his/her compliance to necessary drugs/medications
− Assessing the resident on his/her compliance to regular medical appointments at the various healthcare providers
− Assessing the social and financial situation and offering relevant advice if necessary
− Educating the resident on his/her conditions(s) and the consequences if it/they are not well taken care of
− Persuading the resident to make healthier lifestyle choices and adopt healthier habits
Here are the tentative details of the upcoming home-visits:
Possible dates: 16, 17, 23, 24 January 2015
Locations: Bukit Merah, Marine Terrace, Taman Jurong, Eunos Crescent
The Patient Care Conference will be held in the week before the home visits, but the date has yet to be confirmed.
Not only will you learn about how to do a basic yet comprehensive health screening together with at least one NUHS Family Medicine Resident, you will also get to socialise and mingle with our local meddies from NUS YLLSoM!
So do indicate your interest now by sending us the information stated below:
- Year of Study:
- Hp No. (preferably the one we can contact you with when you are in Singapore):
- Email Address:
- Preferred Dates (Options available - 16, 17, 23, 24 January 2015):
(please provide your top three options, we will try our best to allocate everyone based on their preferred dates)
- Why are you interested to be part of Neighbourhood Health Service (NHS)?
(in less than 50 words)
Please do note that there might be slight changes to the date of the event day but rest assured that it should not deviate much from the details as provided.
Applications close on the 31 December 2015, 11.59pm (Singapore time). We will get in touch with you shortly after the closing date.
If you need more information on the programme, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Singapore Medical Society of Australia and New Zealand (SMSANZ)